Visual Arts have followed me in many forms: from creating sets for theater, film and television, motion graphics, art animtions and visual effects, to sculptures and collages.
In a professional environment or when teaching a class, I am always committed to being creative and giving all my knowledge and my soul.
I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Art classes and 2 years of architectural studies were left aside and moved to Brazil. Colors and rhythms came to my life as a set designer in cinema, theater and television. An awarded scholarship brought me to New York City to start my 3D virtual sets, motion graphics, art-animations, and to continue creating sculptures, collages and mosaics.
I rebuild moments, memories, words, photos, videos and music of my culturally diverse background to compose the pallet of my art work that I called: "In Pieces".
3D-2D Sr Motion Graphics Animator | Animator | Art Director
Designing motion graphics, 3D/2D models and animations for broadcast television, films, websites, print and interactive pieces since 1995. Teaching Motion Graphics, Compositing & Media Graphics Design since 2011. Previous experience as Set Designer, Set Decorator & Art Director (1987-1994)
Work & Teaching
Honors & Awards
Thorough knowledge in AfterEffects, Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Premiere & SpeedGrade. Experience with Motion Capture software (Motion Builder & ViconIQ), Cinema 4D, Real Flow, Nuke. Cross-platform proficiency in Mac, Windows and Linux OS.
▪ St John's University: Adjunct Professor teaching Motion Graphics & Animation, Compositing & Color
Processing, Media Graphics and Web Design. (Since 2011 to Present)
▪ Bronx Community College - CUNY Adjunct Lecturer - Digital Animation & VFX (Since Fall 2015 to Present)
▪ York College - CUNY Adjunct Lecturer - Intro to Motion Graphics. (Fall 2014 semester)
▪ Bramson ORT 60hr Face-to- face & online training course on Dreamweaver and Flash. (Summer 2013)
▪ NYU-SCPS Adjunct Faculty. Intensive Dreamweaver training. (Summer 2011)
▪ Bloomberg Television, Creative Services, Sales & Marketing
Sr Motion Graphics Designer in Maya, After Effects and Photoshop / Art Director
Seven years creating designs for television, web and print media. Under tight deadlines for on air demands,
responsible for the conception and execution of motion graphics, compositing live-action projects &
automated graphics, including in-house idents, show titles, bumpers, breaking-news elements and promo
packages. (New York, 1997 - 2004)
▪ Freelance for Frank Ferrucci Music, Duarte Productions, Grey Healthcare Group, etc
Creating 3D models - 2D animations for management presentation, motion graphics and composing for
opening titles, Logos creation and presentations for interactive pieces. (Since 2005 - Present)
▪ Other Clients: Time Warner Cable Broadband Applications, 3D Wishes Multimedia & Medi-Cine.
Created 3D models & 2D animations, storyboards, virtual sets, virtual sculptures, textures,
logos, buttons and animations for pioneered interactive television products, web graphic
elements for faster navigation through Road Runner cable modem, CD-ROMs and websites
in archaeological Egyptian and Surrealist-Dada artistic styles. (1995 – 1997)
▪ Television, Cinema & Theater, 1985 - 1994 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As Set Designer and Set Decorator, I created and designed scale drawings, signs & props,
supervising set construction and decoration teams, for weekly television shows, feature and
short movies, video-clips and theater plays, achieving the creation of more than 1000 sets.
Fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Conversational French.
• New York University - Post-Special Studies in Introduction of Motion Capture. Spring 07.
• New York Institute of Technology - MA Communication Arts With Distinction - 1994-96.
• Fluminense Federal University - BA Social Communication / Cinema. Brazil, 1982-86.
• Buenos Aires University - 2 years of School of Architecture. Argentina, 1975-6.
• “We remember” - 10 years tribute to 9/11 project featured on Aniboom 9/11 YouTube Channel.
This piece is exhibited at the National September 11 Memorial Museum in NYC
• “PMS, A Shared Story” - Masters project presented at SIGGRAPH ’96 for the Animator Sketches event.
• Best Art Director Award for “Get to Work, You Bum II” at 19th Gramado Film Festival. Brazil, 1991.
• Best Scenic Design & Best Costume Design Nominations at
2nd Coca-Cola Award of Theater for Children, 1990.